The first recorded meeting of representatives of the village of Otham was that of the Otham Parish Meeting on 4 December 1894. A short while later, Otham Parish Council was formed on 15 December 1894 with seven Councillors. Following a decision by the Boundary Commission, in 1987 the area of Downswood was detached from Otham and a Parish Council with nine Councillors was elected for Downswood.
Otham is home to a 15th century medieval yeoman's house and garden, Stoneacre.
READ THE LATEST NEWS & PLANNING PAGE TO ACT ON ISSUES THAT IMPACT OTHAM